35, Jalan Austin Heights 8/8, Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru
12 PM to 12 AM (last order: 11.30 PM)
– 355, 榴莲芒果白雪凉粉, Milky Ice with Durian, Mango & Grass Jelly
– 816, 李叔叔鸡蛋夹心加薯条, Uncle Lee’s Egg Mayo with French Fries
– 818, Egg mayo
– 856, 椰浆饭+素KFC, Nasi Lemak with VEGE KFC
– 860, 盐酥吉, Pepper Salt Fried VEGE Chicken
– 865, 咖喱猪肠粉, Curry Chee Cheong Fan
– 869, 咖喱干捞面, Dried Kolo Mee
– 873, 养身擂茶豆腐花, Hakka’s “LEICHA” Beancurd
– 877, 蘑菇白酱意大利面, VEGE Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti
– 898, 起司马铃薯角, Wedges with Thousand Island Sauce
– 1401, 脆菇扒白酱意大利面, Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti with the crispy mushroom chop
– 1402, 特色擂茶意大利面, Lei Cha Spaghetti
– located just beside AIA building (can see from afar)
– close to the roadside
– Prompt in taking orders and serving
– Friendly staff with good customer service
– 355, 榴莲芒果白雪凉粉, Milky Ice with Durian, Mango & Grass Jelly – 17.80 RM
– 816, 李叔叔鸡蛋夹心加薯条, Uncle Lee’s Egg Mayo with French Fries – 16.80 RM
– 818, Egg mayo – 11.60 RM
– 856, 椰浆饭+素KFC, Nasi Lemak with VEGE KFC – 14.80 RM
– 860, 盐酥吉, Pepper Salt Fried VEGE Chicken – 8.80 RM
– 865, 咖喱猪肠粉, Curry Chee Cheong Fan – 6.80 RM
– 869, 咖喱干捞面, Dried Kolo Mee – 12.80 RM
– 873, 养身擂茶豆腐花, Hakka’s “LEICHA” Beancurd – 9.80 RM
– 877, 蘑菇白酱意大利面, VEGE Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti – 14.80 RM
– 898, 起司马铃薯角, Wedges with Thousand Island Sauce – 10.80 RM
– 1401, 脆菇扒白酱意大利面, Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti with the crispy mushroom chop – 18.80 RM
– 1402, 特色擂茶意大利面, Lei Cha Spaghetti – 15.80 RM
Found this cafe through GoVeggie Malaysia apps during a trip to JB when I am wondering if there are any more vegetarian places around Mount Austin area. Based on Dessert Library appearance, who would have expected that this is a cafe that only sells vegetarian food? We entered with doubts and uncertainty until we check with the staffs on the details.
Dessert Library is Lacto-ovo vegetarian cafe selling food with dairy product included, however they also have items that does not contain the dairy product which are suitable for vegan too. While enjoying the food, you can read a book or comics within cafe!
Once we were rushing down from elsewhere and managed to order few dishes before 11.30 PM (their last order timing). Kudos to their staff who are prompt in answering their phone calls and the willing to explain slowly which dish is available for us etc. Initially we were trying to finish the food before 12 AM but the staff told us to consume slowly as we might have indigestion later. They will continue with packing up the place but we do not need to gobble down the food. We are very touched by their kind act! (T_T)
I patronise them for a total of 4 trips and had tried quite a few dishes from what you can see above. Among all the dishes, I absolutely love their Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti! The sauce is thick and flavorful which makes me crave for more after the 1st mouth!
Dessert Library (Interior Design)
355, 榴莲芒果白雪凉粉, Milky Ice with Durian, Mango & Grass Jelly – 17.80 RM
– Cooling dessert with fresh mango with sweetness
– Strong taste of durian which we believe is from the flesh of a real durian
816, 李叔叔鸡蛋夹心加薯条, Uncle Lee’s Egg Mayo with French Fries – 16.80 RM
– Do not get fool by this dish and wonder why only 2 bread with egg mayo and fries
– Just this dish will make you feel bloated!
– Thickness type of Egg mayo which will not make you feel any sign of sickness
818, Egg mayo – 11.60 RM
– Simple dish with toasted bread
– Must eat it when its serve warm otherwise the crunchy feel will not be present
– Egg mayo is the same as previous dish as seen above
856, 椰浆饭+素KFC, Nasi Lemak with VEGE KFC – 14.80 RM
– VFC is seriously hard to bite or chew!
– Other than the VFC, others are extremely DELICIOUS!
– Chilli will give you a tight punch which mixes well with egg and rice!
– Unsure if we are able to request to opt out the VFC as we have alot of trouble eating it as it is too hard yet it does not seem like its over fried.
860, 盐酥吉, Pepper Salt Fried VEGE Chicken – 8.80 RM
– This is just the normal fried mock chicken
– Nothing special or bad about this dish
865, 咖喱猪肠粉, Curry Chee Cheong Fan – 6.80 RM
– Available within this time period: 4 PM to 11 PM
– Fusion of Chee Cheong Fan with Curry!
– Taste wise it is quite normal only different for this Chee Cheong fan is the taste slight taste of spicy compared to the usual
869, 咖喱干捞面, Dried Kolo Mee – 12.80 RM
– Fusion dish of Kolo Mee with Curry!
– It tasted just like dry noodles with curry as gravy
– personally not digging this type of fusion dish compared to Curry Chee Chong fan as both are curry as main sauce
873, 养身擂茶豆腐花, Hakka’s “LEICHA” Beancurd – 9.80 RM
(Credit: Wai-lek Ng)
– Fusion dish of Lei Cha with beancurd-
– Original ingredients of Lei cha are all within this bowl!
– A personal suggestion is to mix the ingredients together and smash the beancurd together.
– It has a really unique taste even though I am a Lei Cha lover!
877, 蘑菇白酱意大利面, VEGE Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti – 14.80 RM
– one of the best Creamy mushroom spaghetti that I ever enjoy!
– Thick & Creamy sauce is the main focus of this dish! ❤
– Do not belittle by its serving size based on the photo as it gave me the sense of satisfaction and fullness after finishing the whole thing (I even couldn’t control myself and went onto lick the plate just for its sauce)
898, 起司马铃薯角, Wedges with Thousand Island Sauce – 10.80 RM
– Potato wedges with no onion/garlic powder (you are safe!)
– Simple finger food with no fancy or unique element
1401, 脆菇扒白酱意大利面, Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti with the crispy mushroom chop – 18.80 RM
– Heavenly creamy mushroom spaghetti is evolving & enhance with the crispy MUSHROOM chop!
– People often mistake this as chicken chop and tends to question what’s the uniqueness of this dish
– If you are craving for fried food and creamy sauce, this is the perfect dish!
1402, 特色擂茶意大利面, Lei Cha Spaghetti – 15.80 RM
– Fusion dish of Lei Cha with Spaghetti
– Its sauce is the thick type of creamy mushroom sauce which feels like eating western style of lei cha!
– It have the usual ingredients of Lei Cha with a tweak of spaghetti instead of rice or noodles.
– Compared this with Lei Cha beancurd, personally I will prefer this dish which gives a more promising taste of Lei Cha.